In last month’s post, I discussed how to keep track of your appreneur tasks and time spent. This month I thought I would take a break from the typical posts regarding how to build and run an appreneur business and let you know about the latest happenings with our app, aMemoryJog.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often. Winston Churchill
Redesigned the aMemoryJog App
We were just about ready to launch the aMemoryJog app and took a 2 month pause. Why? Initially we were going to have 2 apps, a free one (aMemoryJog Lite) and a paid one (aMemoryJog Pro). After reviewing other apps in the App Store, we decided to move forward with a single app (just called aMemoryJog). It will be free but will offer an in-app purchase that will unlock some additional capabilities (this is called a Freemium approach).
The reason for this decision was that it will be easier to maintain and market a single app than it will if we have 2 separate editions of the app and the customer will have a much better experience if they decide to unlock the additional features with an in-app purchase. If they upgrade using the in-app purchase, the features will immediately appear and they will not have to download a separate app.
Basic Features of the aMemoryJog iPhone App
When the free app is downloaded, it will have the following BASIC features:
- Remembers passwords and other private information
- Tracks accounts, credit cards, frequent flyer, loyalty card, and more
- Easy-to-setup categories, custom fields and unlimited notes
- Single tap access to your websites – fills in user names and passwords
- Secures stored information with bank-level 256-bit AES encryption
- Search feature finds any item containing the phrase typed in
- Provides a strong unique password generator
- Shields passwords from prying eyes with password masking
- Configurable timeout setting for automatic log out after an inactivity delay
Premium Features (available with in-app purchase):
The cost to upgrade from the Basic features to Premium features will be $9.99. Below are the additional features that you get:
- Provides all features of the Basic edition but with no ads
- Includes a free web based edition accessible from PC, Mac or tablets
- Allows you to import data from a spreadsheet
- Cloud backups prevent loss of data if you restore your mobile device
- Syncs with the web edition
- Allows you to restore any deleted entry from a recycle bin
- Supports English, Spanish, French, and German languages
- Supports Italian, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese languages
- Self-destruct feature erases data upon too many invalid password tries
- Remote self-destruct erases aMemoryJog data if phone is lost or stolen
- Data erased from self-destruct can later be restored from cloud backup
If you want to learn more about the app, check out the aMemoryJog iPhone App website.
Redesigned the aMemoryJog Web Site
As the developer was redesigning the app, we took this time to also redesign the entire aMemoryJog website. The new site is easier to read, has more images, and is more search engine optimization (SEO) friendly than the original site. Below is the new look, but you can see the entire site here: http://www.aMemoryJog.com.
Related article: How to Build a Product Website for your App
When will it be in the Apple App Store?
We hope to have the app in the Apple App Store by early to mid-November, assuming we don’t hit any snags. As you may remember, the web edition is already in production and a free trial can be downloaded here.
Also, if you like this blog, please share it with others to increase our following. Our twitter account is @2HourAppreneur and be sure to like my Facebook page at http://www.Facebook.com/2HourAppreneur.
Thanks for following the blog!